Kernow 1.6.1 (beta) is now availble both as a download and via web start.
Notable things in this release:
- Line numbers on the editor panes in the sandboxes (thanks to a new version of Bounce). You might not think so, but getting line numbers down the side of the editor pane is really involved. It's like block indenting (pressing tab or shift-tab when a block of text is selected) in that it's very low level and requires a lot of coding. Why it's not an intergral part of the editor pane I don't know...
- Improved the syntax-checking-as-you-type and highlighting, and added the ability to disable it.
- The output area is now also a JEditorPane using Bounce so it supports tag highlighting. This might slow things down because now it's an HTML document where every addition is inserted at the end of the document, instead of just appending to a JTextArea... if this proves to be A Bad Thing I'll revert it back to a plain old text area with plain text.
- You can now select which tabs are visible (in options -> tabs) so if you never use certain tabs (like Batch or Schematron) you can remove them.
- If you have Saxon SA you can use XML Schema 1.1 (options -> validation)
- Improved the parameters dialog to make it less fiddly to enter params
- Slight graphical tweaks and likely other things that I've forgotten...